Buzzwords Of 2003
- BLAMESTORMING: Sitting around in a group, discussing why a
deadline was missed or a project failed, and who was
- CUBE FARM: An office filled with cubicles.
- PRAIRIE DOGGING: When someone yells or drops something
loudly in a cube farm, and people's heads pop up over the
walls to see what's going on.
- MOUSE POTATO: The on-line, wired generation's answer to the
- SITCOMS: (Single Income, Two Children, Opressive Mortgage)
What yuppies turn into when they have children and one of
them stops working to stay home with the kids.
- STARTER MARRIAGE: A short-lived first marriage that ends in
divorce with no kids, no property, and no regrets.
- STRESS PUPPY: A person who seems to thrive on being stressed
out and whiny.
- SWIPED OUT: an ATM or credit card that has been rendered
useless because the magnetic strip is worn away from
- IRRITAINMENT: Entertainment and media spectacles that are
annoying but you find yourself unable to stop watching them.
- PERCUSSIVE MAINTENANCE: The fine art of whacking the heck
out of an electronic device to get it to work again.
- YUPPIE FOOD STAMPS: The ubiquitous $20 bills spewed out at
ATMs everywhere. Often used when trying to split the bill
after a meal, 'We each owe $8, but all anybody's got are
yuppie food stamps!
- GENERICA: Features of the American landscape that are
exactly the same no matter where one is, such as fast food
joints, strip malls, subdivisions.
- OHNOSECOND: That miniscule fraction of time in which you
realize that you've made a BIG mistake.
[ Author Unknown -- from 'Aiken Drum' ]
All Rights Reserved.