Reported to be actual church signs....
And a quick side-dish...
- Free Trip to heaven. Details inside!
- Try our Sundays. They are better than Baskin-Robbins.
- Searching for a new look? Have your faith lifted here!
- Have trouble sleeping? We have sermons -- come hear one! (Ouch!)
- A singing group called "The Resurrection" was scheduled to sing at a
church. When a big snowstorm postponed the performance, the pastor
changed the outside sign to read, "The Resurrection is postponed"
- People are like tea bags -- you have to put them in hot water before
you know how strong they are.
- God so loved the world that He did not send a committee.
- Come in and pray today. Beat the Christmas rush!
- When down in the mouth, remember Jonah; he came out all right!
- Sign broken. Message inside this Sunday.
- Fight truth decay -- study the Bible daily.
- How will you spend eternity -- Smoking or Nonsmoking?
- Dusty Bibles lead to Dirty Lives.
- Come work for the Lord. The work is hard, the hours are long and
the pay is low. But the retirement benefits are out of this world.
- It is unlikely there'll be a reduction in the wages of sin.
- Do not wait for the hearse to take you to church.
- If you don't like the way you were born, try being born again.
- Looking at the way some people live, they ought to obtain eternal
fire insurance soon.
- This is a CH_ _ CH What is missing? UR
- Forbidden fruit creates many jams.
- In the dark? Follow the Son
- Running low on faith? Stop in for a fill-up
- If you can't sleep, don't count sheep. Talk to the Shepherd.
And a more current sign is...
- Awesome Powers -- the God who snags us!!!
Three boys are in the schoolyard bragging about their fathers. The first
boy says, "My Dad scribbles a few words on a piece of paper, he
calls it a poem, they give him $50."
The second boy says, "That's nothing. My Dad scribbles a few words on a
piece of paper, he calls it a song, they give him $100."
The third boy says, "I got you both beat. My Dad scribbles a few words
piece of paper, he calls it a sermon. And, it takes eight people to
collect all the money!"
Addendum -- Proverbs 17:22 (NRSV) "A cheerful heart is a good
medicine, but a downcast spirit dries up the bones."
[ Original source unknown -- from Ken and Cathie ]
All Rights Reserved.