It is not widely known that Duct tape was first developed for use
as medical bandaging material during World War II. It did keep
soldiers from bleeding to death, but pulling it off caused more
damage and pain than the original bullet wound so it was quickly
abandoned for more conventional bandaging. The military started
looking for other uses for this amazing product and the rest is
history. Duct tape comes in a variety of colors (the newest is
clear), but my favorite is the original silver/gray. It is with
great pride and honor that we offer this list of "Unconventional
Uses for Duct Tape.
Unconventional Uses for Duct Tape . . .
- Hang a strip of duct tape from the ceiling for an instant fly trap.
- Super seal your tax return envelope with duct tape to annoy the
IRS. And when you've finished your taxes, patch the fist hole in
your wall with duct tape.
- Lost in the woods? Not with duct tape around! Just hang little
strips of tape from branches to find your way back.
- Use duct tape to cover rust spots on your car. Why not cover
your entire car to rustproof it? You'll never have to wax again!
- Quiet noisy kids: Make a Wacky-Roller duct tape ball to keep
them busy. If all else fails, simply tape their mouths shut.
- Wrap sticky-side out around your hand to pick up fuzz, lint and
pet hair from clothing and furniture also picks up small pets
from clothing and furniture.
- Obliterate that blinking "12:00" on your VCR once and for all
with a single strip of duct tape.
- Replace those missing letters on the church marquee.
- Tractor gearshift knob
- Two Words: Pulpit Repair
- Book binding and cover repair.
- A nifty replacement for bailing wire (in most applications)
- A Luggage handle
- Car Trunk latch.
- Barn Door hinge
- Truck radiator cap.
- Carpet backing/padding
- Auto fan belt replacement
- TV antenna guy wire.
- Mail box lettering.
- A patch for that pesky leak in your fishing boat (Why not just
use it to make a new boat).
- Temporary repair for that noisy hole in your car muffler (may
occasionally be permanent fix).
- A motor mount replacement
- Curled and braided it can make a handy tow rope.
- Patch that leaky roof on your house (well, this one may not be
- Repair that pothole in your driveway pavement.
- Cover up that rust spot on your car fender.
- Replacement Shoe Sole
- To fix a flat tire
- Attractive designer siding for your house
- Material for a groovy wallet
- Space age bathroom tiling
- Tape two pens together so you can write twice as fast.
- Make a pair of waterproof underwear for fishing
- Help to climb a wall/cliff/tree, just cover yourself in duct
tape -- sticky side out.
- Tape your cat's paws together when you bathe it so you don't get
scratched all to pieces.
- Two words: Hair removal! Ouch!
- A downspout on your house (not a repair mind you, an actual
- A "flashy" new suit for Sunday Church (yes, I've seen this one
[ Author Unknown -- from 'Colorado Comments' ]
All Rights Reserved.