Men Should Join The Choir
Top Ten Reasons Why Men Should Join The Choir . . . .
10. Rehearsals are every Wednesday night. Which means that for those
few hours, you will significantly reduce your risk of contracting
tendonitis from nonstop operation of a television remote control or computer
9. Because you wear a choir robe every Sunday, you are liberated from
a task many men find quite challenging: finding clothes that match
8. From your special vantage point every Sunday, in which you look out
at the entire congregation from the choir seats, you will develop
interesting new hobbies. Among these is a little guessing game called
"Who's Praying, Who's Sleeping?"
7. On the other hand, sitting in full view of 400-500 people on a
weekly basis makes it much less likely that you yourself will give in to a
chronic lack of sleep. Although it has been known to happen.
6. If you think your singing in the shower sounds good now, just wait
till you've been singing with us for a few weeks.
5. Singing in a choir is one of the few activities for men that does
not require electronic equipment or expensive power tools. This could be
good for the family budget.
4. For the fitness buffs, singing in the Choir is not only heart
healthy, it's soul healthy. But there are no monthly membership fees,
and it's a lot easier on the knees than jogging.
3. If you think you've done everything there is to do, and there are
no great challenges left in life, try singing with us and staying on
2. Choir rehearsal lasts half as long as a professional football game,
but is at least twice as satisfying. (Don't worry, though, the
rehearsals are on Wednesday, not Monday Nights.)
1. When people ask you whether you've been behaving yourself, you can
say with the utmost sincerity, "Hey, I'm a Choir Boy."
[ Author Unknown -- from 'Buffalos Chips' (buffalos-g-jokes.yahoogroups.com) ]
All Rights Reserved.