True Southerner Knows
Things a true Southerner knows:
- The difference between a hissie fit and a conniption fit.
- Pretty much how many fish make up a mess.
- What general direction cattywumpus is.
- That "gimme sugar" don't mean pass the sugar.
- When somebody's "fixin" to do something, it won't be long.
- Ain't nobody's biscuits like Grandma's biscuits!!
- A good dog is worth its weight in gold.
- Real gravy don't come from the store.
- When "by and by" is.
- Never to assume that the other car with the flashing turn signal is actually going to make a turn.
- A belt serves a greater purpose than holding Daddy's pants up.
- Rocking chairs and swings are guaranteed stress relievers.
- Rocking chairs and swings with an old person in them are history lessons.
[ Author unknown - received from Chris Long at 'Laugh & Lift' (www.laughandlift.com) ]
All Rights Reserved.