10-Step Program For Happiness
Today, may there be peace within you. May you trust God
that you are exactly where you are meant to be. "I believe
that friends are quiet angels who lift us to our feet when our
wings have trouble remembering how to fly."
- Throw out nonessential numbers. This includes age, weight
and height. Let the doctor worry about them. That is why you
- Keep only cheerful friends. The grouches pull you down.
- Keep learning. Learn more about the computer, crafts,
gardening, whatever. Never let the brain idle. "An idle mind
is the devil's workshop," The devil's name is Depression.
- Enjoy the simple things. When the children are young,
that is all that you can afford. When they are in college,
that is all that you can afford. When you are on retirement,
that is all that you can afford.
- Laugh often, long and loud. Laugh until you gasp for
breath. Laugh so much that you can be tracked in the
store by your distinctive laughter.
- The tears happen. Endure, grieve, and move on. The
only person who is with us our entire life, is ourselves.
Be alive while you are alive, don't put out a mailbox on
the highway of death and just wait in residence for
- Surround yourself with what you love, whether it is family,
pets, keepsakes, music, plants, hobbies, whatever. Your
home is your refuge.
- Cherish your health. If it is good, preserve it. If it is unstable,
improve it. If it is beyond what you can improve, get help.
- Don't take guilt trips. Go to the mall, the next county,
foreign country, but not to guilt country.
- Tell the people you love, that you love them, at every
opportunity. AND ALWAYS REMEMBER: Life is not
measured by the number of breaths we take, but by
the moments that take our breath away.
[ Author Unknown -- from 'andychaps_the-funnies' (Andychap@aol.com) ]
All Rights Reserved.