Life's Hot Spots
Living through the pressures of life can be compared to walking
through fire. The Old Testament prophet Isaiah believed that if
you have faith in God, you can walk through fire and not be
burned. He didn't promise that you won't feel the heat, just that
you won't be burned.
::::::::: How to walk through life's Hot Spots :::::::::
- Keep on walking. A surefire way to get burned is to stop
walking. When you are afraid, or under extreme stress, or
hurting -- keep going. You will get through if you keep
dealing with the everyday tasks at hand to the best of your
!!! PERSEVERE !!!
- Remember that this difficult time will pass. It may feel that
you are in a repeating time warp, but realize that pain is
time-limited. All problems have a beginning and an end.
!!! BE PATIENT !!!
- Make rough times work for you. Not everything is good, but
the Bible reminds us that everything can be used for good if
you submit your will to God. Look for ways to learn, grow, or
cope in your pain or stress.
!!! HAVE COURAGE !!!
- Take "what is" and make the most of it. Make lemonade from
your lemons. You are not called upon to create perfection
from every situation, only to make the most of it. Don't
waste your time on ceaseless complaining, but look for
meaning and joy in all situations.
!!! BE CONTENT !!!
- Clean up your own trash. Stand on your own feet and don't try
to blame others for your problems. You are not a victim.
Choose to live the rest of your life with a controlled
response to what is happening.
!!! TAKE RESPONSIBILITY !!!
- Be true to you. You will have more strength for dealing with
ordeals in life if you have the courage to be true to your
own values. Hypocrisy destroys internal energy.
!!! MODEL INTEGRITY !!!
- Be gladder than madder. Expressions of gratitude calm the
soul and clear the mind.
!!! SHOW GRATITUDE !!!
- Have as much fun as you can. Anticipation of fun raises the
level of your energy. Learn to laugh through your trials.
!!! DISPLAY HUMOR !!!
- Determine what is within your control You cannot control
what happens to you, but you can choose the frame you put
around your experiences. You can choose how you will deal
with all situations.
!!! EXHIBIT INTERNAL CONTROL !!!
- Be enthusiastic. Enthusiasm literally means, "God in us." If
He is in you, let your life so shine. Learn to love life.
!!! SHOW YOUR PASSION !!!
Education is not the filling of a bucket -- but the lighting of a fire in your life.
Live and Learn and Pass it On.
[ William Butler Yeats -- from email@example.com (Anonymous) ]
All Rights Reserved.