- Words can't break bones, but they can break hearts.
- Those who walk with God won't run from people's needs.
- Sorrow looks back, worry looks around, but faith looks up.
- We're richer when we give, and poorer when we keep.
- Because of the cross of Christ, we can become friends of Christ.
- Amid the darkness of sin, the light of God's grace shines in.
- Enthusiasm for Christ is contagious -- has anyone caught it from you?
- Be as patient with others as God has been with you.
- It is better by far to die for something, than to live for nothing.
- The God who sends you free will also sustain you.
- It's always darkest before the dawn.
- To change your outlook, remember God's looking out for you.
- Confession of sin is not an admission of weakness, but a sign of strength.
- The harder you work at what you should be, the less you'll try to hide
what you are.
- Reading the Bible without meditating on it is like eating without chewing.
- Work well done for Christ will receive a "well done" from Christ.
- Don't complain over what the world is coming to -- proclaim the One who is
coming to the world.
- Spiritual victory comes only to those who are prepared for battle.
- Apply yourself to the scriptures, and the scriptures to yourself.
- The Bible is not meant merely to inform, but to transform.
- Grace is everything, for nothing, to those who don't deserve anything.
- Courage is not the absence of fear, but the mastery of fear.
- If you keep in step with God, you'll be out of step with the world.
- Salvation is so simple we can overlook it, so profound we can never
- To avoid lying, do nothing that needs to be covered-up.
- Give your all to Christ, who gave His all for you.
- There is always enough time to do God's will.
- Love always seeks to help, never to hurt.
- Never try to carry tomorrow's burdens with today's grace.
- Nails could not have kept Jesus on the cross, had love not held Him there.
- The smallest light still shines in the darkest night.
- Selfishness makes Christmas a burden; love makes it a delight.
- He who has no money is poor; he who has nothing but money is even poorer.
- God's love is persistent, but never pushy.
- Faith is not a leap into the dark, but a step into the light.
- I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of men, than a fool in the eyes of God.
- Attempt great things for God, expect great things from God.
- Live dangerously, but in the hands of God.
- Don't let your past determine your destiny.
- He who will not use the thoughts of other men's brains, proves that he
has no brain of his own.
- Some peoples glass is half full, others half empty, it just depends on
their outlook; positive or negative.
- If you look for the good, you will find it; if you look for the bad,
you will also find it.
- If you want to be served, you must serve; if you want friends, you must
be a friend.
- You are never more like God, than when you give.
- Nothing is lost or wasted if we learn from it.
- You should always mean what you say, and only say what you mean. Be
quick to listen and slow to speak
- When a man knows he is about to die, he usually says what is most
important and truthful.
- Where others see a shepherd boy, God may see a king.
- Ask yourself, If building God's church depended on me, would it ever get done?
- The flexible grass bends in the wind; where the rigid tree falls. So,
the open minded survive to carry on; where the stubborn fall to ruin.
- Its not what you eat, but what you digest; its not what you learn, but
what you use that makes you wise.
- Knowledge is power, but only if you use it.
- Always try to improve yourself, never to prove yourself.
- Tomorrow is never here, so don't put it off.
- Plan to be here forever, but live as if it were your last day.
- Don't tell someone, Jesus loves them, until you are ready to love them too.
- No-one should be above the law, and no-one should be below the law either
- Perfection changes with the situation and circumstances.
- Necessity is the seed of invention.
- The Lord giveth and the Lord taketh; everything is His, He just lets us
use it for a while.
- Don't give anything less than your best to everything you partake in.
- Where there is a will, there is a way.
- Life is what you make it, life is an experience.
- If you can't say it nicely, don't say it at all.
- If your goal is the sky, shoot for the stars.
- Sometimes God's children should be seen and not heard.
- Health and happiness go hand in hand.
- Of the body's muscles, the hardest to keep in shape, is the heart.
- Just be yourself, it's something that can't be taken away.
- If you want to truly be great, you must learn to heal, because hurting
people is easy.
- A little humility is good for us all.
- A fool talks, it is the wise man that listens.
- Haste makes waste.
- No-one knows what he can do until he tries.
- Genius is 1% inspiration and 99% perspiration.
- The beginning is the most important part of the work.
- A good name is greater than riches.
- When you reach the bottom, there is only one way to go, UP.
- Do not underestimate the capabilities of anyone.
- We need to be teachers not suppliers.
- Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day; teach him how to fish and
he will eat forever.
- We should not pray that the problem would be removed, but that the Lord
would be glorified through the problem.
- Quitters never prosper, cheaters only cheat themselves.
- You don't have to fight to be a man, but sometimes you have to fight
when you are a man.
- Walk away from trouble when you can.
- War is costly, peace is priceless.
- The trick for getting what we pray for is to pray for things for other
people. To get things for ourselves; well, that is why God invented work.
- Never put passion before principle.
- Even the fool knows we can't reach out and touch the stars, but that
doesn't keep the wise man from trying.
- Don't punish people, educate them.
- Sometimes you might have to fight for the truth, but no matter how
right or just the cause, there is always a price to pay.
- If you mistake the hand of God for the hand of men, you will miss the
Spirit's corrective discipline -- read James 1:2-3.
- Sometimes a lie can tell you more about someone than the truth.
- The misnomer about civilization and riches is that you can buy anything.
- The body is just a shell for the real person.
- We believe what we want to believe.
- History teaches us that man learns nothing from history.
- If you don't speak out, your silence will speak for you.
- You have to stand for something or you'll fall for anything.
- Whatever you do today you have to sleep with tonight.
- If you do something you don't believe in, you've done wrong; if you
don't do something you believe in, you have also done wrong.
- Christians aren't perfect, just forgiven.
- If you live a Christian life and there is no heaven or hell, what have
you lost? Nothing! If you live a sinners life and there is a heaven and
hell you've lost eternity.
- One man's trash is another man's treasure.
- Diplomacy is the art of letting someone else get your way.
- Life is not so much a matter of position as of disposition.
- The best vitamin for making friends is B-1.
- If you don't care where you are going, any road will take you there.
- A pint of example is worth a gallon of advise.
- He who throws mud loses ground.
- No-one raises his own reputation by lowering others.
- Nothing ruins the truth like stretching it.
- A smile is an inexpensive way to improve your looks.
- Ideas won't work unless you do.
- The future is purchased by the present.
- One thing you can't recycle is wasted time.
- Lost time is never found again.
- The hard thing about business is minding your own.
- Triumph is just "umph" added to "try."
- Caution is not cowardly, carelessness is not courage.
- He who forgives ends the quarrel.
- Children need more models than critics.
- Frogs have it easy, they can eat what bugs them.
- The pursuit of happiness is the chase of a lifetime.
- If the going gets easy, you may be going down hill.
- A turtle makes progress only when it sticks out it's neck.
- Failure is the path of least persistence.
- Hard work is the yeast that raises the dough.
- Patience is counting down without blasting off.
- Some folks won't look up until they are flat on their backs.
- If you want your dreams to come true, don't over sleep.
- Friend: someone who knows all about you and still likes you.
- Money talks, and often says "goodbye."
- Forbidden fruit is responsible for many a bad jam.
- God's retirement plan is out of this world.
- A good example is the best sermon.
- The commandments are not multiple choice.
- Well done! Is better than Well said!
- Minds are like parachutes, they only work when open.
- Live as you wish your kids did.
- Swallowing your pride seldom leads to indigestion.
- If you can laugh at it, you can live with it.
- People don't fail, they give up.
- When looking for faults use a mirror, not a telescope.
- Kindness is a language deaf people can hear and blind people can see.
- The heaviest thing to carry is a grudge.
- A smooth sea never made a skillful sailor.
- A small leak can sink even the greatest ship.
- You can't direct the wind, but you can adjust your sails.
- We lie loudest when we lie to ourselves.
- Tact is the ability to see others as they wish to be seen.
- A bad conscience has a very good memory.
- Hug your kids at home, belt them in the car.
- One thing you can give and still keep is your word.
- A friend walks in when everyone else walks out.
- If you must cry over spilled milk, then please try to condense it.
- Behavior is the mirror in which everyone shows their image.
- Make friends before you need them.
- It's not the load that breaks you down, it's the way you carry it.
- The smallest good deed is better than the greatest intention.
- Success is more attitude than aptitude.
- Our favorite attitude should be gratitude.
- The greatest of all faults is to imagine that you have none.
- Too many of us speak before we think.
- Some people develop eye strain looking for trouble --
(everyone has 20/20 hindsight).
- The happiness of your life depends on the quality of your thoughts.
- It is much easier to be critical than correct.
- Feed your faith and doubt will starve to death.
- It is no crime not to be perfect.
- If others have messed up, you don't need to remind them.
- No man knows less than the man who knows it all.
- Patience carries a lot of 'wait'.
- One who lacks courage to start has already finished.
- A quitter never wins, a winner never quits.
- Action speaks louder than words, but not nearly as often.
- To break a bad habit -- drop it.
- Don't learn safety rules by accident.
- Failing to prepare is preparing to fail.
- Past failures can be guideposts to future successes.
- There is no right way to do the wrong thing.
- Read the Bible, it will scare the Hell out of you.
- An atheist is a person who has no 'invisible' means of support.
- Seek joy in what you give not in what you get.
- Procrastination is the thief of time.
- Success comes in cans, failure comes in can'ts
- Good is never good if better is possible.
- Anger is just one letter short of danger.
- The greatest remedy for anger is delay.
- 2/3 of promotion is motion.
- Having a sharp tongue can cut your own throat.
- Of all the things you wear, your expression is the most important.
- The nearest thing to Heaven is a child.
- There is a special kind of sunshine in a smile.
- Christians 'should' make the best citizens.
- No road is too long if we meet in the middle.
- It's not how much you make, but how you manage what you make that will
make you rich.
- When you decide to change something in your life the past drops away
and you are floating away on the wings of the future.
- Defeat habit with innovation.
- Don't worry about what you want, concentrate on what you already have.
- A bird in the hand is worth 2 in the bush.
- It is better to have one true friend than all the acquaintances in the
- The truth only hurts when you don't tell it.
- Whatever you give you will get more of the same.
- Friendship is built on caring, sharing, and trust.
- You have to be your own person not a puppet on a string.
- Many people believe in what they see -- what do they see in me?
- Dishonesty is forsaking the permanent for temporary advantages.
- Speaking much is a sign of vanity.
- When we face problems on the highways of life, we can usually find
others on the same road.
- Procrastination can lead to frustration and failure.
- A soft answer turneth away wrath.
- It is better to be alone than in bad company.
- Christians should abstain from all appearances of evil.
- The way to be nothing is to do nothing.
- Few things are impossible to diligence and skill.
- Give the hardest task to the laziest person and he will find the
easiest way of doing it.
- Battles are won by those who believe in winning.
- Strive to be physically strong, mentally awake, and morally straight.
- The path of duty is the path of glory.
- Giving advise is sometimes only showing our wisdom at the expense of others.
- Silence is sometimes the severest criticism.
- A caring parent will be conscientious and strict.
- Reprove your friend privately, commend him publicly.
- Even a fool when he holdeth his peace is counted as wise.
- A wise man will never cease learning.
- Admitting that you are wrong, is to admit that you are wiser today than
- Idle money is useless money.
- Timing is the essence of life.
- The happiest people don't have the best, they make the best of what
- The ability to simplify is to eliminate the unnecessary so that the
necessary can speak.
- If you are reluctant to ask the way you will be lost.
- Opportunities are never lost, the other fellow takes the ones you miss.
- It's not doing the thing we like to do, but liking the thing we do that
makes life blessed.
- People stop living when they have no reason to live.
- Make yourself necessary to somebody.
- The greatest good you can do for another is not to share your riches,
but to reveal to him his own.
- Opinions should be formed with great caution, and changed with even greater caution.
- The hotter the fire, the purer the gold.
- Nothing grows without some rain.
- Its not how you say it, but how it is understood that makes it right or wrong.
- You have to make a choice, you can't have everything at the same time.
- Hope helps, despair doesn't.
- Everyone has a river they need to cross. Some have physical, others
mental, neither is easy. All need help, yet they need to do it alone.
- If you walk the edge, keep Jesus between you and the cliff.
- The story of love has no ending.
- Those who gossip to you will gossip about you.
- Some people get delt a better hand, but it is how you play it that
determines if you win or lose.
- The true greatness of wisdom is knowing that you know little.
- Noble men are determined by their actions.
- The "I will" spirit is the spirit of rebellion.
- When I die I don't want justice, I want mercy.
- For me, death is when the earth recedes and heaven opens up.
- No-one is ready to die unless he has learned to live.
- We will play a better game if we remember who is in the grandstand.
Heaven looks on!
- Courage is doing what you are afraid of, there can be no courage
- Success is a journey not a destination.
- The greatest pleasure in life is doing the impossible.
- The greatest 'mistake' you can make is to continually fearing that you will make one.
- You can't force flower petals to open, but they will open up
beautifully when the time is right.
- How is it that we don't recognize when love begins, but we always
recognize when it ends.
- If you want to change the world, start by changing your own.
- Accent the positive, eliminate the negative.
- If you let your mind go, your body will follow.
- You can't always plan family time, so you need to seize the moment.
- Move closer to God and He will move closer to you.
- A man who fails to listen is blind, not deaf.
- I can't succeed with out YOU, Lord.
- Players who specialize in Home Runs, tend to strike out a lot.
- You don't know what you have until it is gone.
- Nothing heals a broken heart like time, love and tenderness.
- Its not what you say, but how you say it that will be remembered.
- When the devil reminds you of your past, remind him of his future.
- God can accept your failing, He accept your quitting.
- It takes less time to do something right, than to explain why you did it wrong.
- Let someone else blow your horn, the sound will go twice as far.
- Man is at his best when stimulated by the hope of reward, the fear of
failure, and the light of a star.
- We tend to see things not as they are, but as we are.
- Worry never robs tomorrow of its sorrows, it only saps today of its strength.
- To love is to admire with the heart, to admire is to love with the mind.
- He who is always blowing a fuse is usually in the dark.
- Everybody is ignorant, just on different subjects.
- Be glad your not getting all the government you are paying for.
- Fame is fickle food upon a shifting plate.
- Listening to both sides of a story will show that there is more than
both sides to the story.
- Nearly all men can stand adversity, but to test a man's character give
- Memory is affected not only by what you see, but by how you see it.
- Necessity is the seed of change, desire is the seed for invention.
- Turn the other cheek; there is a better world waiting for the meek.
- The greater the obstacle the more glory in overcoming it.
- A great deal of talent is lost for want of a little courage.
- Self confidence is the first requisite to great undertakings.
- In the land of the blind, the one eyed man is king.
- Sometimes it costs more to run from your problems than it does to face them.
- Life is fragile, handle with prayer.
- Whenever a door closes something usually gets caught in it.
- If you pile up enough full tomorrows you will get a lot of empty yesterdays.
- Everyone is vulnerable it just depends if they want to show it.
- You never fail if you are working with God.
- God works in mysterious ways.
- If you aren't working for God, you are working against Him.
- Why go to the forest to seek God, He can be found at home.
- We need to give God life service not just lip service.
- Sin is progressive, one sin leads to another.
- You never make a mistake when you are obeying the will of God.
- He who has imagination without learning has wings but no feet.
- In the end God will not look you over for stars but for scars.
- Love the Lord your God with all your heart, soul, and mind. Love
yourself as God loves you and love others as yourself.
- Do not only do unto others what you would have them do to you; but do
unto others as they would have done to themselves.
- Some think love is a noun. That is, it is something we find or posses,
or discover. But love is a verb, an action verb. It is something we do.
- What is missing here "ch__ch"? "U" "R".
- When adversity strikes, don't get down, except on your knees.
- Roots grow deeper when the wind blows strong.
- Christ is the only door into heaven.
- A parents greatest responsibility is to point the way to God.
- Gratitude to God leads to growth in godliness.
- Because of the cross of Christ we can become friends of Christ.
- "When you were born, you cried and the world rejoiced. Live your life
in such a manner that when you die the world cries and you rejoice."
- You can be sincere and be sincerely wrong.
- It's not your theology that will win lives to Christ, but rather your
love... a love that can only be Jesus. Dear children let us not love with
words or tongue but with actions and in truth 1 John 3:18
- You will never soar with eagles if you spend all your time with turkeys.
- The Christian life is not a matter of our ability, but of our availability.
- If you won't risk offending someone with Christ, you will never win anyone to Christ.
- God expects us to be people lovers, not people pleasers.
- I'm so excited and I just can't hide it, God's in control of my life and I think I like it.
- Your Christian faith won't make you perfect, but it ought to make a difference.
- Live in the present with all its opportunities; not in the past with
all its mistakes and regrets.
- What your mind can conceive and believe, you can achieve.
- There is no reason for telling a lie because your friends will
understand and your enemies won't believe you anyway.
- One should change the way they present the gospel so as to not offend
people, but they should never change the gospel to not offend people.
- That perfect devoting ourselves to God, from which devotion has its
name, requires that we should not only do the will of God, but also that we
should do it with love. "He loveth a
cheerful giver," and without the heart no obedience is acceptable to Him.
(Francois Fenelon, 1651-1715)
- There is nothing more awesome than the love of our Lord or the
faith of a child.
- In some ways life is like a game of Hide-n-seek; we are all either
hiding from God or seeking Him.
- "It's not the outlook but the up-look that counts." Keep looking up
- Faith makes all things possible -- NOT easy!!!
- The most important thing you think, is what you think about God.
- Only the fear of God can take away the fear of men.
- Sin would have fewer partakers if the consequences occurred immediately.
- Passion for Jesus Christ is the key to miracles by the Holy Spirit.
- Some men think they have made a success of life when all they've really
made is money!
- The Lord gave you two ends... one for sitting, one for thinking. Your
success depends on which one you use... Heads you win, tails you lose!
- The strength of a country is the strength of its religious convictions! -- Calvin Coolidge
- A hungry man sits a long time with open mouth waiting for roast duck to fly in!
- A diamond is a chunk of coal that made good under pressure
- No matter how difficult the challenge or how hopeless the task, if you
are on course, just keep going!
- Maturity is the ability to do a job whether or not you are supervised,
to carry money without spending it, and to bear injustice without
wanting to get even!-- Ann Landers
- There is no fear of judgment for the man who judges himself according
to the Word of God!-- Howard Hendricks
- The Lord gives us friends to push us to our potential... And enemies to
push us beyond it! -- Jim Vorsas
- A laugh is worth a hundred groans in any market.
- The door of opportunity is so wide open that it's off its hinges. -- Ernie Reb
- Stormy weather is what man needs from time to time to remind him he's
not really in charge of anything -- Bill Vaughn
- A thankful heart is not only the greatest virtue, but the parent of all
- It is impossible to mentally or socially enslave a Bible reading
people. The principles of the Bible are the groundwork of human
freedom. -- Horace Greeley
- God's love for us is not a love that always exempts us from trials, but
rather, a love that always sees us through trials.
- To laugh often and much; to win the respect of intelligent people and
the affection of children; to earn the appreciation of honest critics and
endure the betrayal of false friends; to appreciate beauty, to find the
best in others; to leave the world a bit better, whether by a healthy
child, a garden patch or a redeemed social condition; to know even one life
has breathed easier because you have lived. This is to have succeeded.
-- Ralph Waldo Emerson
- Don't complain about thorns among roses;
be grateful for roses among thorns.
- It has been estimated that in one's lifetime the average person will
consume 150 head of cattle, 2,400 chickens, 225 lambs, 26 sheep, 310 pigs,
26 acres of grain, 50 acres of fruit and vegetables. "Man shall not live by
bread alone..." That is a lot of food, how much of the Word of God are you
consuming? The Word of God is the Bible, the Bread of Life.
- A Bible that is falling apart, usually belongs to someone who isn't.
[ Author Unknown -- from Keith Todd -- Ed:Anon. ]
All Rights Reserved.