- Somebody said it takes about six weeks to get back to normal after you've had a
baby. Somebody doesn't know that once you're a parent normal is history.
- Somebody said you learn how to be a parent by instinct. Somebody never took a
- Somebody said being a parent is boring. Somebody never rode in a car driven by
a teenager with a driver's permit.
- Somebody said if you're a "good" parent your child will "turn out well." Somebody
thinks a child comes with directions and a guarantee.
- Somebody said "good" parents never raise their voices. Somebody never came
out the back door just in time to see his or her child hit a golf ball through the
neighbor's kitchen window.
- Somebody said you don't need an education to be a parent. Somebody never
helped a fourth grader with his math.
- Somebody said you can't love the fifth child as much as you love the first.
Somebody doesn't have five children.
- Somebody said a parent can find all the answers to child-rearing questions in
books. Somebody never had a child stuff beans up his nose.
- Somebody said a parent can stop worrying after his or her child gets married.
Somebody doesn't know that marriage adds a new son or daughter-in-law to their
- Somebody said your parents know you love them so you don't need to tell them.
Somebody isn't a parent.
- Somebody said a parent's job is done when the last child leaves home.
Somebody never had grandchildren.
[ Author Unknown -- from 'keepAhead' (IwantTwisted@keepAhead.com) ]
All Rights Reserved.