The Preacher's Lament
- If I express myself on a subject, I'm trying to run things.
- If I'm silent, I'm dumb or have lost interest.
- If I'm often at my office (preparing messages or studying), why
don't I get out and learn what's going on.
- If I'm out when they call, why am I not tending to business, or
studying for a message.
- If I'm not at home at night, I'm out having a good time.
- If I'm home, I'm neglecting important outside contacts and activities.
- If I don't agree with persons, I'm bullheaded.
- If I do agree, I don't have any ideas of my own.
- If I don't do what I'm requested, I'm a very poor pastor or minister.
- If I do agree, well, that's what I'm paid for.
- If I give someone a short answer, I'm "too big for my britches."
- If I attempt to explain the pros and cons of an issue, I'm a know-it-all.
- If I'm well dressed, I think I'm a big shot.
- If I'm not, I'm a poor representative of my office.
- If I'm on the job a short time, I'm inexperienced.
- If I've been there a long time, It's time for a change.
(Just a joke, but quite a lot of truth in it!)
[ Author Unknown -- from 'Colorado Comments' ]
All Rights Reserved.