Information Collection and Use
No personal information is collected on any individual, by SkyWriting.Net, unless it is voluntarily submitted to SkyWriting.Net. Like many other websites, SkyWriting.Net does log "general" information pertaining to visitors, to help improve the content provided, as well as to monitor the overall operation of the site, and to help assure the integrity of the website.
Third Party Advertising
- Email Lists and News Letters -- SkyWriting.Net, currently, does not have either an Email List or News Letter. If either one of these features are added to SkyWriting.Net, at a future date, it will be announced and visible on the website. Normally, email messages from SkyWriting.Net are limited to one-to-one contact, kept private, and no personal information is collected.
If in doubt about any Email message(s) you receive with the SkyWriting.Net name contained in the message, please contact:
- Links -- This Website contains links to other sites. Be advised that we, SkyWriting.Net, are not responsible for the privacy practices of other websites. SkyWriting.Net tries to be selective about linking to other websites. However, we encourage our visitors to use their own good judgement when they choose to follow a link to another site that is NOT controlled by SkyWriting.Net, and to be aware of the fact that other websites "may" collect personally identifiable information. Therefore, visitors are advised to use caution when using links NOT directly part of SkyWriting.Net.
- Log Files -- Like most standard website servers we use log files. These include internet protocol (IP) addresses, browser type, internet service provider (ISP), referring/exit pages, platform type, date/time stamp, and number of clicks to analyze trends, administer the site, track user's movement in the aggregate, and gather broad demographic information for aggregate use. IP addresses, etc. are NOT linked to any personally identifiable information.
- Submissions -- Authors are encouraged to submit their work to SkyWriting.Net, for promotion of their work, and the enjoyment of visitors to this website. Submissions are collected through a "form" on the SkyWriting.Net website, or via a special Email submission address. Comments and special instructions from the submitter will be kept private (NOT posted). Credit will always be given to submitters and authors (when known), if the submission is posted, for all submissions. Unless explicit written instructions are received to the contrary, the "credit line" for all posted submissions will include the submitters and/or authors name, email address and/or a link to the authors website. No other personal information is collected.
- Tell-A-Friend -- If a user elects to use our referral service for informing a friend about our site, we ask only for the referee name and email address, and only the email address of the friend. By pressing the submit button, the referee automatically causes a one-time email to be sent from SkyWrting.Net to the friend, recommending the friend visit the website. SkyWriting.Net does log the date, time, and the IP address of the referee, on a separate computer, to assure no one uses the Tell-A-Friend feature to harass or spam someone. The information logged will only be given out to "law enforcement" authorities if there is evidence the Tell-A-Friend feature is being misused.
This Website takes every reasonable precaution to protect our users' information. When users submit sensitive information to the Website, their information is protected both online and off-line.
Notification of Changes